Monday, January 24, 2011

Wishing Away

Does anyone else think the question, “Is it Friday yet?” should be banned from Monday morning workdays? I do.

Weekends are great; I completely agree. It’s a refreshing time to recover from a busy five days of thinking, planning, performing and doing whatever it is you do. I’ll admit to enjoying my weekends and especially enjoying the three-day breaks that come around. But are we wishing our lives away?

Most people don’t have jobs they thoroughly enjoy. For those that do, this is easier said than done. But I think we need to give ourselves a daily reminder (especially on Mondays) that life is precious and short. Each day is a meaningful piece to the big picture (sounds cliché; I realize). If you wish away Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday… once Friday arrives, you’ll be back dreading how quick the weekend will go by presenting, well, Monday morning again. Sound familiar?

How can we enjoy each day, including the less-than-weekend-fun workdays? I'm currently striving to experience Mondays as I do Saturdays and Sundays.

2 comments:

  1. No truer words spoken. I like the idea of enjoying Monday, just as we do Saturday and Sunday. What a novel idea! Yes, let's not wish our lives away. It's moving too fast as it is. Trust me, I'm old.
    Anyway, a very healthy way to view how you think of time, especially grasping that notion so early in life. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I am, reading this post on a Friday! I really can't wait for the weekend to be over so I get back to the next Monday!

    ReplyDelete