Monday, November 8, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Lovers Rejoice!

This blog is for anyone who gets super excited for the widely-anticipated pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, or mom's moist pumpkin bread, or Thanksgiving pumpkin pie.

I have to give all the credit for this following recipe to my cousin Kathryn. I saw her post this idea on Facebook and all the sudden buying a can of pumpkin puree topped my to-do list for the day.

I've shared in prior posts my passion for breakfast. Now I'm combining my favorite meal of the day with the holiday joys of pumpkin spice!



Recipe for Pumpkin Pie French Toast

Ingredients (basically french toast batter mixed with pumpkin puree):

2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons brown sugar
6 slices of bread (so... makes 2-3 servings)

Cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Top with syrup, whip cream, pecans or walnuts...whatever tickles your fancy! Happy Holidays!!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Is it bad that my post in the works included pumpkin oatmeal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bad. You are going to have to delete it or maybe stop slacking off next time? ;)

    Let's see how many modifications we can do with pumpkin! Let the holiday treats begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you to know Jessie; I used this recipe on Thanksgiving morning with my family, and Christmas morning with Jared's family! It was a HUGE SUCCESS!! Thanks to you I am now known throughout the Schlender household as a good cook! ....I owe you one!

    ReplyDelete