Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pensive Reflection

Remember the wonders He has done, His miracles, and the judgments He pronounced. 1 Chronicles 16:12

Last night presented me with an evening of reflection. A series of questions were posed, forcing me to give consideration to 2010 as a whole. Regrettably, I failed to keep a consistent journal this year. This means I didn’t allow documentation of the blessings, trials, concerns and prayers that each and every day undoubtedly held. Bummer.

Nonetheless, I’m thankful I had the opportunity to ponder the happenings of the year at a glance. When asked to sum of the year in it’s entirety… renewal. How about a hope for 2011? It seems fitting I plan a way to give of myself more given the restoration I experienced. God is so good.

Do you desire a time of reflection before we embark on the new calendar year? Simple, yes, but thoughtfully approached, these questions let me take a deep breath and anticipate what the next 365 days will present.

What was a highlight event for you in 2010?

Summarize your 2010 in one word.

In what way have you grown the most in the past year?

What was the most significant answer to prayer (whether the answer was yes or no) you received from God this year?

What was the most difficult trial you experienced this year?

In one sentence, what do you hope for the year 2011?

4 comments:

  1. OK, here goes:

    Highlight: New Zealand

    One word: BlessedandthankfulforGod'smercyandgrace

    Growth: More realization of need for humility (but still a long way to go)

    Prayer: God's guidance and assurance for people I know who have lost jobs

    Trial: Overcoming my bad self

    Hope for 2011: Religious revival in America

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Andy! Might as well do it too! :)

    Highlight: My new job

    One word: Trust

    Growth: Learning to be patient, persevere and be content wherever I am in life (counting my blessings)

    Prayer: Good health and happiness for family and friends

    Trial: Montana winter

    Hope for 2011: I see my family more often :) Three times in one year is definitely not enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie! I always love your little insights!!
    Here is mine!

    Highlight: Finishing school and getting a job at an amazing salon!

    One Word: Challenging

    Growth: Learning the importance of perseverance, trust and forgiveness.

    Prayer: My Husband getting a job that he enjoys!!!

    Trial: Working through an issue that came up in our marriage...

    Hope for 2011: That God would restore my family! My mom would get her speech back, my parents would get back together, and my little sisters would experience God's love and forgiveness!

    ReplyDelete