Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dad's Best

One evening visiting my parents, my Dad greeted me with a savory margarita (on the rocks, no salt... just how I like it!) and undoubtably, hands-down the best guacamole I've ever tasted. I'll forever refer to it as Dad's guacamole, although I'll give ehow.com credit where it's due. Dad, perhaps you should change a couple minor measurements to patten it as your own?

If you're looking for a tortilla chip companion, look no further.

Dad's Guacamole

Things You'll Need:

• 3 ripe hass avocados
• 1 roma tomato, deseeded, diced
• 1/2 cup red onion, diced
• 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
• 1 large clove garlic
• 1 serrano pepper, with seeds
• 1 TBSP lime juice, fresh squeezed
• 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
• 1 tsp salt
Crush garlic clove and finely mince.

Finely dice the Serrano peppers.

In a large stainless steel or glass bowl, combine garlic, Serrano peppers, lime juice, vinegar and salt.

After you have peeled and pitted the avocados, add them to the bowl. Mash with a fork until they are slightly chunky.

Mix in red onion, tomato and cilantro. Taste and add more salt or vinegar if desired.

Let me know when you're making the next batch, Dad!

3 comments:

  1. yumm...is shipping guacamole a possibility?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, OK, I confess that I used apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar. Does that give me permission to call it "Andy's Guac"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree with Amy. By far the best Guac, I've ever experienced. Great job Andy!!

    ReplyDelete