Monday, June 7, 2010

Farewell

I wanted my students to reflect on their second grade experience this year. I thought it might be beneficial for future students to read letters of advice from the experts themselves. While I'm sure some reflecting occurred, I personally ended up getting a kick out of the answers given to various posed questions. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I did.

June 4th, 2010

Dear 2nd grader,

Welcome to 2nd grade! You are in for a fun, great, fantastic, perfect, amazing, joyful, crazy, fabulous year.

Here are some tips you must know in order to get along with Ms. Boyer.

Never shout out in class

Have fun

Read A LOT

She gives you challenges everyday

Don’t sharpen pencils in class

Follow Ms. Boyer’s directions

Be on your best behavior

Make sure you say you like what she’s wearing because it’s always great

Turn in your field trip permission slips

Don’t argue with Ms. Boyer

The two things I did this year that made me feel the most proud were:

…making lots of new friends.

…getting smarter.

…winning the ambition award.

…reading a big book.

…learning hard math skills.

…not getting a check mark all year.

…running 26 miles.

…my pumpkin art we did at the beginning of the year.

…reading 17,936 words.

The best thing about this class is...

…learning a lot you don’t know because everything the teacher knows is what you’ll know!

…Ms. Boyer and the students because we all work together and everybody loves every single person.

…class butterflies because you get to let them go.

…no homework the last two weeks of the year.

…doing really amazing art projects because the things you use and what you do is really amazing!

Hope you have a great year!

Sincerely,

Ms. Boyer’s 2009-2010 students

3 comments:

  1. 26 miles! 17,000 words! Is this Miss Boyer Boot Camp!? ;)

    So cute! They will never forget you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another incredible year for you. I'm so proud of how you are inspiring these kids, and making such an amazing difference in their lives.
    The tips, TELL ALL. You go Ms. Boyer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Make sure you say you like what she’s wearing because it’s always great"

    Maybe I can learn something from this kid....

    ReplyDelete