Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pea Pesto


Someone’s going to start thinking I really love food. Well, I do and I love this deep-down feeling I have for being my own personal homemaker.

I already completed my search for the perfect food processor! I decided to go with the Cuisinart DLC Mini-Prep Plus. It has a 4-cup capacity, which I believe is the perfect size. I don’t really know what you’d use a gigantic food processor for. Mine would probably stay in the back of the pantry. (Sound familiar?)

I was so excited to test out my new product I ran to the grocery store to pick up the necessary ingredients for a food-processor-required recipe. Not only is the cute little machine speedy, but also it’s only moderately noisy and so darn easy to clean! I couldn’t have asked for more; my research truly paid off. Thank you to the amazon.com reviewers!

I found a winning kitchen companion, but I also fell in love with a new recipe during the testing process. It’s a healthy version of the infamous, interchangeable pesto. You can spread it on a toasted baguette or cracker, mix it into pasta or use it to coat meat, fish or even vegetables. You must try it! This recipe is brought to you by Giada De Laurentiis.

Pea Pesto

1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, defrosted

1 garlic clove

½ cup grated Parmesan

1 teaspoon kosher salt

½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

¼ cup olive oil

Pulse all ingredients together until the pesto maintains the desired consistency.

2 comments:

  1. I made it today...it's easy and yummy! Definitely a different taste. Good one Amy! Oh, and it really is THAT green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds perfectly healthy! Did you take the picture of your result or did that come with the recipe?

    I don't know what to buy next, a new smaller food processor or an iPad!

    ReplyDelete