Monday, February 1, 2010

If I don't post my first now...

We’re starting this journey to get our words flowing. Although apprehensive, I’m thrilled to have a goal with no specific objective. Who better to collaborate with than my indescribable friend? It seems we always have a final destination, a cookie-cutter answer… I’m ready for a change. We’ll probably write about the change that brought us to our current state, but there’s no telling what will surface while simultaneously creating this account. I promise sincerity while she’ll demonstrate humor and journalism experience.

I’ve always loved getting my thoughts on paper through poems, letters, college prompts and even grocery and to-do lists. However, those thoughts were usually kept to myself. If anything, this will be a journey of self-exploration by documenting life’s little, well… little encounters. Perhaps it will be just one more way I can blend my discoveries and joys with my dearest friend. No matter what these entries end up being or representing, the bottom line is this: we really have nothing to lose. Who knows if any or many will even visit or “follow” our blog?

Most of my entries will allude to living on a budget, quirky indulgences, satisfying my big appetite, travel, educating our future, building community and relationships. I imagine I’ll share crafty projects, recipes, media critiques and some dog discussions. I hope it’ll interest someone… at least I can always count on my co-author to listen (or read).

Northbound (Amy)

No comments:

Post a Comment