Wednesday, February 3, 2010

One more introduction

I've always thought there was something powerful about the written word. I've always been a firm believer of writing notes between friends, or emails between boyfriends and girlfriends. Not only is it documentation of a relationship but there is something special about putting thoughts on paper. The process creates a completely different way to express yourself through the organization and structure of thoughts and feelings. It makes you think about the uniqueness of how guys courted girls through letters back in the day. That channel of displaying emotion is priceless. I truly believe something novel will come out of this blog and if anything, it will help my co-author and I grow in our writing and strengthen our creativity. If you know me at all, you know that I like to make my stories long. I have this issue of always needing to add every detail in order to allow my listener to feel the full effect. So one of my goals in this blog is to become a concise writer while still informing and inspiring!

Our intentions and desires for our audience in this blog, if anyone so kindly reads it as Amy put it, is to inspire, educate and inform. With my contributions I will bring anything from interesting news stories and encouraging anecdotes-- to fashion forward information and the most recent recipe that unfolded in my kitchen. I'll also talk about the many "how-tos" I have learned through my continuous adventures as a young post graduate. I believe my co-author and I, though in a parallel state in our independent life with many common interests, will add our own experiences and angles to this blog as we go through many incidents of trial and error. This blog is the beginning of a new journey with my best friend. I'm very excited to see where these writings, expressions and exploring of thoughts and ideas take us. I hope you enjoy!

We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.
--Ray Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment